There are some deep cleaning projects that can be done annually, and others more often. But no matter the task, it doesn’t have to be too stressful or time-consuming with the right methods!
As the leader when it comes to cabinet refinishers in Logan, Utah, our team knows just how to care for, preserve, and protect your cabinet surfaces. One of the most common requests we get, of course, is to upgrade the kitchen. Utah cabinet refinishing is a budget-friendly way to do this! We also advise our customers to help make their cabinets last with the right cleaning techniques.
Here are a few simple yet tried-and-true practices for keeping your cabinets in tip-top shape.
Cabinet Cleaning Best Practices
- Wipe down the outer cabinet boxes, doors, and drawer fronts using a soft microfiber cloth. Get it barely damp with warm water and a gentle detergent. Too much moisture or soap is not only unnecessary but can tarnish or warp cabinet surfaces.
- Don’t forget the cabinet hardware! Give knobs, handles, and pulls a good polish regularly.
- Fill dents, scuffs, or gouges then sand and cover with touch-up paint or stain. This is a project that may be beneficial to have a pro do for you.
- At least each season, take everything out of your cabinets so you can wipe down the inside shelves and drawers. While you’re at it, you may want to get rid of unused items or add more organization features to your cabinets.
- If you have wood cabinets, be sure to polish and buff them at least annually.
- Repair or replace anything that’s keeping your cabinets from functioning properly, like loose or damaged hardware/hinges or bent drawer tracks.
Utah Cabinet Refinishing
WoodWorks Refurbishing is here to help make your existing cabinets last for years to come. By enlisting the help of our cabinet refinishers in Logan, Utah, the kitchen of your dreams can be within both reach and budget.